Read act 1, scene 1, then answer the following questions. Based off of that and the handout I gave you in class, answer the following questions.
1. Who are Roderigo and Iago?
2. What kind of people are they?
3. What does each seem to want from the other?
4. Who’s in control?
5. What has just happened?
6. Who is Brabantio?
7. What sort of person do you think the Moor is?
9. What about Brabantio’s daughter – how do you picture her?
10. Why do you think it is that neither Othello nor Desdemona is mentioned by name in this scene?
11. What sort of language does Iago use to tell Brabantio of his daughter’s elopement?
12. On what sort of fears and prejudices is Iago playing?
Also, come get some extra credit and keep me company at the Darien Library at 2 p.m. on Sunday! As I said in class, I’ll be showing Defiance – the last film in the Sophomore Film Festival.