Going through the Queen Mab speech, answer the following question.
According to Mercutio, what are the dreams Queen Mab delivers to each of the following people:
2. courtiers (first mention)
5. courtiers (second mention)
6. a parson
7. a solidier
Now, going off of these – answer these questions.
1. Is Queen Mab the queen of good dreams, nightmares, or both?
2. Re-read Mercutio’s exchange with Romeo at the end of the scene. What does Mercutio think of dreams?
3. Why do you think Mercutio told such a wild story to Romeo?
4. What kind of person is Mercutio? What does this dream say about what he thinks about? Worries about? Believes? What does it say about his mental or emotional state?